Thursday 20 September 2012

Here comes the cavalry!

A Trench based army isn't complete without a good solid corps of cavalry! I converted these out of bretonnian cavalry but I didn't want them to look as baroque as those models do, so I chopped the lances off and used the billhooks from the men-at-arms kit to make them look more like light cavalry. The headswap was almost mandatory too, and I think the rebreathers look pretty cool too, they were pretty straightforward as well: just plasticard rod, an Imperial Guard grenade launcher bag and a bit of drilling. I would like to come back to these and do the other side as well, but at the moment I don't have enough of the bags.


These pictures don't really show it very well but I'm pretty happy with the converted flamer I put together for one of the cavalrymen. The long Imperial Guard infantry flamer looked too unwieldy to use on horseback so I cut it down and attached it to a sword arm at an angle I reckon works pretty well; it is then connected to the backpack using plasticard rod.


Thanks for reading, I hope to show an Aquila Lander conversion pretty soon.

15 comments:

  1. Looking good! Interesting rebreather idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. emuparadise roms get download all games rom in this website

    emulator zone get download emulator free here

    ReplyDelete